Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Surroundings






My apartment is my own world that I have created for myself. I am preparing to move in a few months to create another world. I have been here for three years and I take my camera out often to create images of what I look at everyday. The objects tend to look different each day due to the effects of the light outside. Last night the light was perfect to take a few images of my living room and bedroom windows. No matter where I live I have to have lots of light, it is my biggest requirement. Without it I am miserable. Because I love the light so much I create lots of images of it hitting my objects. Last night I became obsessed with my windows, blinds and curtains. The light changed so fast, I couldn't put my camera down. I was in a zone. Getting in the zone is such a high for me. As I become a more mature photographer I realize that I don't have to travel to exotic places to find interesting subject matter. I don't even have to leave the comforts of my apartment to create interesting and beautiful images. Of course I am not opposed to traveling to exotic or new destinations, but I bet if you look around your own surroundings you will find fantastic light, ready made still lifes and various shapes to photograph, draw or paint until you can hop a plane. You may surprise yourself at what you find.

No comments:

Post a Comment