Monday, May 31, 2010

Summer Reading


With the unofficial start of summer I start thinking about lazy afternoons and reading. I already have a list of books that I want to purchase. Some are novels, but most are about inspiration, creativity and being a creative entrepreneur. Now that we are all settled into our new house and I finished unpacking the last two rooms of the house this past holiday weekend, I can now put all my focus on my art and begin thinking how I can sustain my creating habit by selling some stuff. I have an Etsy shop and I sell work at the Square Peg Artery and Salvage in Philadelphia's Rittenhouse area, but I want to branch out more. I want to start doing craft shows again, maybe teach some workshops, have a better online presence, etc. Right now I am reading a book titled, 12 Secrets of Highly Creative Women written by Gail McMeekin. It is a combination of inspiration, workshop and being a creative entrepreneur. It is time for me to really take my creations to the next level. It is time for me to start taking some chances. As Mark Twain wrote, "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten."

No comments:

Post a Comment