Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Creative Act

Being a creative person can make me feel crazy at times. I have periods of intense creativity, where I can be up all night creating and other times I am feeling frustrated, unsettled to the point where I want to jump out of my skin and wondering if I am really an artist. While reading the Artist Mentor by Ian Jackman, I realized the I am in the company of some very important artists. Creating art is a journey without a map. How do you feel when you are creating and when you are not?

"In 1964, James Lord sat fr Alberto Giacometti for eighteen days while the painter worked on his portrait. Lord took notes and A Giacometti Portrait, which is a record of how an accomplished artist struggles to create art. The creative compulsion is never wholly absent frm him, never leaves him a moment of complete peace."

No comments:

Post a Comment