Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Creative Block


I have not been feeling creative lately. I have been pushing myself to do creative things. Even with a new lens for my camera, I just haven't been inspired. Towards the end of last week, I decided to go online and look around at what other artist have been up to. I went to Etsy and just searched and searched for hours. I found many creations that inspired me and in my research I found a photographic process called Through the Viewfinder. It is a technique where you use a digital camera to photograph the viewfinder of a twin reflex camera. Being a toy camera fanatic, I saw the images this technique produced and I was on E-Bay and bidding on a 1950s Kodak camera. It came on Saturday and I was off with cameras in hand. Now I am excited about a new series of photographs, using the images with my mixed media art, creating a handmade book and new images on my website. I just spent today photographing fruit for three hours.
Creative block is hard, I can't imagine anyone who enjoys it, but there is a huge pay off if you can work through it. I have been reading a few books about creativity and they all agree that creative block is like a growth spurt and necessary for an artist to move ahead. Some things you may want to do while working through the block is to just sketch in a journal, do something creative that is completely different from what you are use to, take a class, or research on the Internet like I did. Here are some websites to help you through that pesky creative block. Break that Block!

What the Heck is Creative Block?
View Blog
Over Coming a Creative Block
How to Get Rid of Creative Block

DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE FIRST
CHUBBY CAT CHAT'S COLLABORATION.
CREATIONS ARE DUE THIS FRIDAY THE 23rd!
SCROLL DOWN FOR DETAILS!

No comments:

Post a Comment